Cooking with Kids
Did you know?
- Obesity rates have tripled in the past 30 years, in part because Americans are depending on convenience foods that have more calories than nutrients.
- American children may have shorter expected lifespans than their parents.
- You can be overweight/obese and malnourished.
- Learning how to eat right in childhood is important for creating a foundation for a lifetime of healthy eating.
The good news is that there is a simple way to help your kids eat healthy for a lifetime…simply cook with them.
- The more families eat together, the healthier they eat.
- Kids who eat with their families 3 or more times per week are less likely to be overweight and more likely to eat healthier foods and have better eating patterns
- Kids who eat with their families are more likely to get better grades in school.
- Cooking with your kids can help them get interested in trying healthy foods.
Ready to get started? Try these kid-friendly recipes and activities – they’ll love them!
Want more? Visit our Recipes or Chop Chop, the fun cooking magazine for families.