Banana Split OatmealReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 1 servingServing Size:1 1/2 cupRecipe Cost:$0.61Cost per Serving:$0.61
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very hot water
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup light strawberry yogurt
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add 3/4 cup hot water, and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl with oven mitts, and stir.
- Microwave on high power for another 1 minute. Remove the bowl with oven mitts, stir, then allow it to cool slightly to thicken.
- Using a cutting board and knife, slice half of a peeled banana. Wrap, and eat the remaining banana half as a morning snack later that day.
- Top the oatmeal with banana slices and 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
Make it a Meal
Banana Split Oatmeal
Fruit infused water
Source: Healthy Choices for Everybody : Brook Jenkins, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Nutrition Education Program.
170 calories; 1.5g fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 350mg sodium; 36g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 17g sugar; 0g added sugar; 6g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.