Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen, fresh, or canned corn
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 whole-wheat tortillas
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Gently clean all produce under cool running water before chopping.
- Add the black beans, corn, onion, pepper, cheese, chili powder, and garlic powder to a medium bowl. Gently fold until everything is evenly combined.
- Place 1/2 cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla and fold over.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place two quesadillas in the skillet at a time. Cook until each side is slightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Slice into triangles and enjoy! This pairs well with salsa.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 250 calories; 8g total fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 310mg sodium; 35g total carbohydrate; 4g dietary fiber; 4g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 11g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 4% Daily Value of potassium.