Broccoli Cheddar BiscuitsReceta en Español
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chopped broccoli and grated carrot in a medium bowl. Toss with ¼ cup of flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together remaining (1 ¾ cups) flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk and vegetable oil into flour mixture and stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in vegetable mixture and cheese into flour mixture. In the bowl, knead two or three times until a dough ball is formed.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Pat the dough into an inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter or glass (2 inches in diameter), cut dough into rounds.
- Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden.
130 calories; 8g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 240mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 1g sugar; 0g added sugar; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.