Build Your Own Ramen
Servings:2Serving Size:12 ounces
- 1 package of any flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups of water
- 5 oz of canned or packaged chicken or tuna
- 1 cup mixed vegetables or vegetable of your choice
- Seasoning of your choice (garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper or all-purpose seasoning.)
- Prepare ramen in a microwave (or stovetop) according to package instructions.
- Add chicken or tuna and vegetables and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave until heated through.
- Note: if using the seasoning packet included in the package, try using only half of the flavor packet and adding your own spices.
Source: University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service: Nutrition Education Program: Backpack Recipes
Avoid food waste by using leftover rotisserie or baked chicken!
Nutrition facts per serving: 240 calories; 4g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 45mg cholesterol; 710mg sodium; 31g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 3g total sugar; 0g added sugar; 21g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.