Cabbage JambalayaReceta en Español
Servings:10Serving Size:1 cup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13 ounces) package turkey smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Heat a large stockpot over medium high.
- Add ground beef, and cook until it starts to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the celery, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook 4 minutes while stirring.
- Add smoked sausage, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, and cook until it wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
Make it a Meal
Pair with whole grain toast or cornbread.
Source: • https://fruitsandveggies.org/ • Publication - ID-128, Home Vegetable Gardening in Kentucky, Cooperative Extension Service, University of Kentucky, College of Agriculture. Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
250 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 6g sugars, 0g added sugars, 18g protein