Cabbage Roll StewReceta en Español
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 medium cabbage head, finely chopped or shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can, no-sodium added, diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add beef and cook until brown, breaking up large pieces of beef. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Discard the fat, saving two tablespoons in the pot. Add onion and carrots. Sauté for two minutes. Add cabbage and garlic powder. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a light boil. Add rice and the cooked beef. Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until rice is cooked, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ½ to 1 cup of water if soup is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
290 calories; 9g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 50mg cholesterol; 710mg sodium; 34g carbohydrate; 8g fiber; 10g sugar; 0g added sugar; 21g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 20% Daily Value of iron; 20% Daily Value of potassium.