Cheese and Corn ChowderReceta en Español
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, diced
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can no-salt-added whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Gently scrub potatoes and celery using a clean vegetable brush under cool running water before preparing. Gently rub onion under cool running water before preparing.
- Put all ingredients except milk, flour, and cheese into a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for three hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk milk and flour together. Make sure no lumps remain and the flour has fully dissolved. Add to slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer.
- Stir. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle cheese evenly on each bowl.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
260 calories; 5g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 380mg sodium; 45g total carbohydrate; 4g dietary fiber; 8g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 11g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.