- 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8, 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves or 9 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse spinach and pat dry. Gently scrub the bell pepper under running water.
- Dice 1 cup bell pepper, 1/2 cup onion, and chop 2 cups of spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix 8 ounces of cream cheese with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla using a butter knife.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of onion, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/4 spinach on one half of each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes, flip and heat another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove quesadillas from skillet, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder of the quesadillas.
- Turn off the stovetop when done cooking.
- On a cutting board, use a knife or pizza cutter to cut each quesadilla into 3 or 4 wedges. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3-4 days.
Make it a Meal
Colorful Quesadilla with salsa
190 calories; 4.5g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 620mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 3g sugar; 0g added sugar; g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 0% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.