A traditional dish from Somalia.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 large white onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 2 pounds collard greens, washed and chopped
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing at least 20 seconds.
- In a 5-quart pot over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, garlic, and beef. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and chicken bouillon cubes. Stir to combine.
- Once meat is fully cooked and reaches 145 degrees F using a food thermometer, add collard greens. Cook until the greens are soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 240 calories; 17g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 35mg cholesterol; 650mg sodium; 9g total carbohydrate; 5g dietary fiber; 2g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 16g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin D; 20% Daily Value calcium; 10% Daily Value iron; 10% Daily Value potassium