Easy Breakfast Tacos
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of choice (onions, peppers, tomatoes)
- 5 eggs
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Before chopping vegetables, rinse under cool, running water.
- Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- And mixed vegetables and sauté’ until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk until combined. Add eggs to the skillet and scramble until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Optional: Warm tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Assemble tacos by evenly placing the egg and vegetable mixture in the tortillas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. And one tablespoon each cheese and salsa to each taco.
- Fold and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 240 calories; 11g total fat; 4g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 205mg cholesterol; 420mg sodium; 22g total carbohydrate; 4g dietary fiber; 2g total sugars; 1g added sugars; 12g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium.