Easy Chicken Pot PieReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:1/6 of pie
This is a great recipe to double. Make two pies and freeze one for a busy night.
- ⅔ cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (10¾ ounce) can low fat, condensed, cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup baking mix
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- Wash hands and any cooking surfaces.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased, 9-inch pie plate
- Stir baking mix, milk and egg in a mixing bowl with fork until blended. Pour over vegetables, chicken and soup mixture in pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Make it a Meal
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Baked apples
- Lettuce wedge salad
- Low-fat yogurt
Source: Adapted from Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System, Expanded Nutrition Program
The color of a food is not a sign that it is a whole-grain food. Foods labeled as “multi-grain,” “stone-ground,” “100% wheat,” “cracked wheat,” “seven-grain” or “bran” are often not 100% whole-grain products. There may not be any whole grain in the product unless 100% whole grain is listed on the label.
Nutrition facts per serving: 190 calories; 5g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 50 mg cholesterol; 630 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 4g total sugars; 1g added sugars; 11g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.