Easy Peasy Mac and CheesyReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$6.41Cost per Serving:$1.07
- 1 (16 ounce) box whole wheat shell or macaroni pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) can non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package mild or sharp shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium peas, drained
- Cook pasta and drain. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water in case cheese sauce gets too thick.
- In a large saucepan, heat milk, but do not bring to boil.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted and milk is thickened.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add drained tuna, peas, and macaroni. Mix well and serve.
Source: Joel Worth, Jefferson County SNAP-Ed Assistant Senior
240 calories; 16g total fat; 8g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 50mg cholesterol; 770mg sodium; 72g carbohydrate; 10g fiber; 11g sugar; 0g added sugar; 32g protein; 10% Daily Vale of vitamin D; 40% Daily Value of calcium; 20% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium