Easy Tortilla Breakfast PizzaReceta en Español
Servings:3Serving Size:1/3 of pizzaRecipe Cost:$3.25Cost per Serving:$1.08
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (8 inch) whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick spray and place tortilla inside.
- Place spinach over the tortilla and make three slight wells with spinach. Crack an egg into each well so that it can be cut into three triangles once done.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, salt, pepper, and mozzarella over the eggs.
- Cover with lid and cook on mediumlow heat for 12 minutes, or until egg yolk is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and slice into three wedges with one egg each to serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
Source: Jean Najor, Program Coordinator II; and Jen Robinson, NEP Area Agent, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
140 calories; 7g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 170mg cholesterol; 300mg sodium; 10g total carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 1g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 10g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.