This slaw is filled with fruits and vegetables. Raw sunflower seeds pack a nutritional punch.
- 1 cup shredded purple or green cabbage
- 10 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw, shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and next six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey with remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition facts per serving: 220 calories; 12g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 25mg sodium; 27g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 19g sugar; 3g protein; 8% Daily Value of vitamin A; 180% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron