Glazed Cantaloupe BreadReceta en Español
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pureed cantaloupe (about one 5-inch round melon)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- *½ cup butter
- *2/3 cup brown sugar
- *½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour two, 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and pureed cantaloupe.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add flour mixture to cantaloupe mixture; mix just until combined, then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean and top of loaf springs back when pressed.
- Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes, run a knife around edge then turn out of pans to a cooling rack.
***For Glaze: Combine butter and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 minutes, stirring well at 1 minute intervals, until smooth and sugar is melted; add pecans to the glaze. Pour glaze over warm loaves. Allow glazed loaves to cool one hour before serving.