Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Muffins
Servings:Makes 24 servingsServing Size:1 muffin
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup peaches, small dice
- 3 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
- *1/4 cup gluten-free baking flour
- *1/2 cup brown sugar
- *1 teaspoon cinnamon
- *1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- *2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease the wells of a muffin tin or line with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray.
- Rinse blueberries and drain well.
- Remove skin from peaches and dice.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and melted butter together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spoon to mix just until incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries and peaches into the batter gently.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
***For the streusel topping:
- In a medium bowl, place gluten-free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Spoon streusel topping over the batter evenly.
- Bake muffins 18-20 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Remove muffins from pan to cool.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
170 calories; 5g fat; 3g saturated fat; 15mg cholesterol; 95mg sodium; 31g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 14g sugars; 2g protein.