Green Bean Bundles
Servings:Makes 12 bundles
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Remove ends and strings from beans. Wash and dry beans thoroughly and season with black pepper.
- Bundle together 5-8 beans and wrap with a strip of turkey bacon to hold them together.
- Lay each bundle, seam side down in a large baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat butter, garlic, cinnamon and allspice over low heat, whisking until butter is melted.
- Brush the mixture over the top of each green bean bundle with a pastry brush.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 additional minutes, until bacon is crisp.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
60 calories; 5g fat; 2g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 3g carbohydrate 1g fiber; 1g sugar; 3g protein.