Homemade Applesauce to Freeze
- 1 cup water
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Add 1 cup water to apple slices, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Cool and strain, if needed. Mash.
- Sweeten to taste with ½ cup sugar.
- Pack into containers, leaving ½ inch-headspace for pints and one-inch headspace for quarts.
- Seal, label the contents, date and freeze. Use within 8-12 months.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING: 110 calories; 0g fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 0mg sodium; 28g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 24g sugar; 13g added sugar; 0g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 0% Daily Value of calcium; 0% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.