Hot and Sweet FrittataReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 slice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet and hot peppers, or bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 medium eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large nonstick skillet, and heat to medium.
- Add sweet potatoes and diced peppers.
- Cook uncovered until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet.
- Add turkey sausage, and cook 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain off fat, if needed.
- Generously grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- Add the sausage, peppers, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, crack eggs and lightly beat.
- Add salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to egg mixture.
- Pour eggs over peppers and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
Source: • ID-128, Home Vegetable Gardening in Kentucky, Cooperative Extension Service, University of Kentucky, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment 2015. • https://fruitsandveggies.org • Dr. Richter’s Fresh Produce Guide, Integrated Marketing Services, 2012. • Kaiser, C., and Ernst, M. (2018). Hot peppers and Specialty Sweet Peppers, CCD-CP-101. Lexington, KY: Center for Crop Diversification, University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment. Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
290 calories, 18g fat, 5g saturated fat, 295mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 0g added sugars, 23g protein.