Lettuce WrapsReceta en Español
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped and drained*
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet over medium heat. Drain off fat.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions and garlic powder. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger and honey. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture on lettuce leaves to serve.
*Note: Three stalks of chopped celery can be used instead of water chestnuts, if desired.
210 calories; 9g total fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 65mg cholesterol; 450mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 3g sugar; 1g added sugar; 24g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.