Loaded Beef StroganoffReceta en Español
- 12 ounces egg noodles (choose whole-wheat if available)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces (or 4 cups) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt-added peas, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt-added sliced carrots, drained
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash fresh produce under cool running water. Cut to prepare for the recipe.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions while preparing the other steps. Drain.
- On the stove, preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic powder.
- Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Cook the ground beef mixture, stirring often until the onion is tender and the beef reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender (about 5 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, peas, and carrots. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture stops simmering, stir in the Greek yogurt, salt, and black pepper. Add cooked egg noodles and combine. If mixture is too thick, add milk or beef stock until reaching the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when serving, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
To reheat leftovers, add a little beef broth or milk before warming.
270 calories; 4.5g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 30mg cholesterol; 610mg sodium; 38g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 6g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 22g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.