Master Mix PancakesReceta en Español
Servings:Makes six 5-inch pancakesServing Size: 2 pancakesRecipe Cost:$0.67Cost per Serving:$0.33
- Master Mix
- Plain Pancakes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended. In a cool, dry place, store mixture in an airtight container. This can be stored up to six months. Stir mixture each time before measuring.
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup master mix
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Whisk in 1 cup dry master mix.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, pour batter onto a hot griddle or nonstick skillet lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles form on top. Cook second side until golden brown.
Source: Danielle Fairchild, Lawrence County SNAP-Ed Program Assistant Senior
Variation: Banana or Berry Pancakes
Add 1 medium, ripe, mashed banana or fold in ¾ cup of fresh blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries to the batter.
200 calories; 2g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 55mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 37g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 10g sugar; 7g added sugar; 8g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 20% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 4% Daily Value of potassium.