Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1 1/2 cup
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups diced, low sodium cooked ham
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and pepper; blend to a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly and cook until thickened. Add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased 2 quart, shallow baking dish.
- Over the noodles, sprinkle a layer of ham and spinach.
- Drizzle half of the cheese sauce over the mixture. Repeat with second layer of noodles, ham spinach and remaining cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
310 Calories; 11g fat; 5g saturated fat; 45mg cholesterol; 680mg sodium; 29g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 4g sugar; 23g protein.