Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
Servings:Makes 18 biscuits
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, vanilla and milk; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; gently knead 3 or 4 times. Roll dough into ½ inch thickness. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
100 calories; 4g fat; 2g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 210mg sodium; 14g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 4g sugar; 2g protein.