Omelet on the GoReceta en Español
Servings:12Serving Size:1 omelet
The best part about this omelet recipe is that you can choose whichever veggies you want to add. Serve it with avocado toast for added yumminess.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2½ cups any chopped, sautéed fresh vegetables (such as: mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 9 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, sautéed vegetables and cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among muffin tins.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the ham and vegetable mixture, filling each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
- Store leftover omelets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave oven for 20-40 seconds.
Omelets can be served on a toasted English muffin, bagel or other bread for a breakfast sandwich. This is a great use for leftover ham.
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Curriculum Coordinator for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories; 6g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 150mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 2g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 1g sugar; 10g protein; 8% Daily Value of vitamin A; 10% Daily Value of vitamin C; 8% Daily Valueof calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron