Omelet on the GoReceta en Español
The best part about this omelet recipe is that you can choose whichever veggies you want to add. Serve it with avocado toast for added yumminess.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2½ cups any chopped, sautéed fresh vegetables (such as: mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 9 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, sautéed vegetables and cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among muffin tins.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the ham and vegetable mixture, filling each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
- Store leftover omelets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave oven for 20-40 seconds.
Omelets can be served on a toasted English muffin, bagel or other bread for a breakfast sandwich. This is a great use for leftover ham.
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories; 6g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 150mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 2g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 1g sugar; 10g protein; 8% Daily Value of vitamin A; 10% Daily Value of vitamin C; 8% Daily Valueof calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron