One-Pan Beans and CornbreadReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 cup beans and slice of bread
The wonderful simplicity of this meal hearkens back to earlier times. Comfort food at its best.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen butter beans, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans with onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (6 to 8½ ounce) envelope cornbread mix*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a greased 3-quart baking dish, mix first eight ingredients together.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cornbread according to package directions. Spread on top of beans.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
Canned or cooked, dried beans may be substituted for any beans above. Using prepared dry beans in place of canned will reduce sodium in this dish.
Source: Rita May, Senior Extension Associate for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition facts per serving: 400 calories; 4g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 720mg sodium; 73g carbohydrate; 15g fiber; 13g sugar; 18g protein; 2% Daily Value of vitamin A; 8% Daily Value of vitamin C; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 30% Daily Value of iron
* Nutrition facts were calculated using a 7½ ounce envelope