One Pot Italian Tortellini DinnerReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$15.81Cost per Serving:$1.98
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups fresh prewashed spinach (remove stems and tear large leaves into pieces)
- 1 (19-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup low-moisture, part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Gently scrub the onion and carrot with a clean vegetable brush under cool running water before preparing them. Rinse the mushrooms under cold running water, being sure to remove any dirt; pat dry.
- Heat a large nonstick pot or skillet over medium heat and add ground beef, onions, and carrots. Cook until ground beef is browned and has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, using a food thermometer.
- Drain fat from ground beef mixture. Add garlic, oregano, and Italian seasoning; stir until combined.
- Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, and spinach. Stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove lid and gently stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook tortellini following package directions (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Top with mozzarella cheese and allow to melt before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
Source: 2022 KYNEP Food and Nutrition Calendar : East Region (4, 6) Nutrition Education Program
340 calories; 10g total fat; 5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 65mg cholesterol; 400mg sodium; 36g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 8g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 25g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 20% Daily Value of calcium; 30% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.