Oven Baked TomatoesReceta en Español
These are so good! A drizzle of oil, some spice and bread crumbs…and tomatoes are transformed into a tasty side dish.
- 3 large tomatoes, cut crosswise into halves or cut into thick slices
- 6 tablespoons dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon dry basil or oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- Place tomatoes cut-sides up on a baking sheet or slightly layer slices in a baking dish.
- Mix other ingredients and use to cover tomatoes.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Make it a Meal
- Pork chops
- Corn on the cob
- Seasoned Baked Tomatoes
- Whole wheat roll
- Frozen fruit pops
- Low-fat milk
Store ripe tomatoes at room temperature and use them within three days. Tomatoes that are light pink in color should be ripe in three to five days. Keep tomatoes out of direct sunlight and store them with the stem up to avoid bruised shoulders. Do not refrigerate tomatoes, because cold temperatures can make tomato flesh pulpy and hurts the flavor.
Nutrition facts per serving: 70 calories; 3.5 g total fat; .5 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat;0 mg cholesterol; 55 mg sodium; 9 g total carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 3 g sugars; 2 g protein; 15% Daily Value of vitamin A; 20% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron