Pepper Sauce Zoodles with Chicken
Servings:Makes 6 servings
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 fresh Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 zucchini, cut into noodles with a spiralizer
- Dice chicken breasts and season with 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- In a large pan, sauté chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, onions, and red and green peppers.
- Cook on medium high heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon paprika, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large pan. Heat to medium-high and sauté zucchini noodles 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top zucchini noodles with chicken breasts and pepper sauce.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
170 calories; 8g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 45mg cholesterol; 530mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 3g fiber;
6g sugars; 0g added sugars; 16g protein.