Pineapple Fried RiceReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$8.49Cost per Serving:$1.42
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, drain and keep juice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs, mixed with a fork to break yolks
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- Handful of chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm reserved pineapple juice. Add onion; cook 4-5 minutes, until onion begins to brown slightly.
- Add garlic and bell pepper. Cook additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until bell pepper is tender.
- Add cooked rice, peas, and carrots, corn and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Cook until the rice and vegetables are warmed throughout, about 5 minutes. Clear space in middle of skillet and place eggs. Cook eggs for one minute, stir to scramble. Add pineapple tidbits, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and cooked shrimp. Cook 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chopped peanuts and sliced green onion.
Source: Sara Talbott, NEP Area Nutrition Agent, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
180 calories; 2.5g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 60mg cholesterol; 400mg sodium; 34g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 8g sugar; 0g added sugar; 7g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 4% Daily Value of potassium.