Pineapple Power BitesReceta en Español
Servings:36Serving Size:1 bite
- ½ stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounces) can pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups rolled or quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, optional*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter in mixing bowl. Add applesauce and drained carrots and beat for 2 minutes, or until mixture is very smooth.
- Add brown sugar and mix well. Add egg and drained pineapple tidbits. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon, oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended.
- Gently stir in raisins and nuts, if using.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Source: Eat Smart to Play Hard: University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
80 calories; 2.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 75mg sodium; 13g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 6g sugar; 2g protein; 25% Daily Value of vitamin A; 2% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron
*Pecans used for nutrition analysis