Pizza Pasta Salad
Servings:12Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 1 pound whole-wheat pasta (spiral, macaroni, shells or other)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ small onion
- 1 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese, cubed or shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper and basil to make a vinaigrette.
- Add tomatoes, pepper and onion to pasta. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss together.
- Add cheese just before serving. Toss again to blend. Serve immediately. Or, this dish can be
chilled then served.
For dairy allergies, substitute dairy-free cheese for the mozzarella cheese or omit it. For gluten allergies, substitute vegetable pasta.
Source: LEAP...for Health: Adapted from: USDA Mixing Bowl. Recipe Finder. Tomato Basil and Bean Pasta Salad https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition assistance-program-snap/tomato-basil-and-bean-pasta-salad.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING: 200 calories; Sg fat; 1.Sg saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 95mg sodium; 31g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 3g sugar; 0g added sugars; 89 protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.