Potato Salad with Grainy Mustard DressingReceta en Español
This recipe just became your new summer classic.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coarse-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a 3 quart saucepan, boil potatoes 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain well. Let stand 2-3 minutes before adding dressing.
- Mix vinegar, mustard, sugar, and vegetable oil. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently toss.
- Add parsley and green onions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
OPTION: This potato salad is much lower in fat and calories than mayonnaise versions. You can use dried parsley if you do not have fresh.
Make it a Meal
- Barbeque sandwiches
- Potato Salad with Grainy Mustard Dressing
- Baked apples
- Sliced tomatoes
- Low-fat milk
Buy vegetables in season for greatest flavor at a lower cost. Check your local grocery specials for best in-season buys. Or check out the local farmer’s market in your area.
Nutrition facts per serving: 130 calories; 3.5 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 120 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 2 g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin A; 25% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron