Potato Salad with Grainy Mustard DressingReceta en Español
This recipe just became your new summer classic.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coarse-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a 3 quart saucepan, boil potatoes 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain well. Let stand 2-3 minutes before adding dressing.
- Mix vinegar, mustard, sugar, and vegetable oil. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently toss.
- Add parsley and green onions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
OPTION: This potato salad is much lower in fat and calories than mayonnaise versions. You can use dried parsley if you do not have fresh.
Buy vegetables in season for greatest flavor at a lower cost. Check your local grocery specials for best in-season buys. Or check out the local farmer’s market in your area.
Nutrition facts per serving: 130 calories; 3.5 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 120 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 2 g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin A; 25% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron