Quick Tuscan SoupReceta en Español
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, stems removed and chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; coat pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place onions, celery, carrots and kale in pan. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, beans, black pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Reduce temperature to low heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Make it a Meal
Complete your plate with a cheese wedge or sprinkle soup with parmesan cheese add a whole grain roll, grapes, and water.
100 calories; 0g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 300mg sodium; 18g total carbohydrate; 5g dietary fiber; 4g sugar; 7g protein.