Ratatouille SoupReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 12 servingsServing Size:1 cup
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 14.5 ounce can low sodium beef broth
- 1 24 ounce jar chunky garden style pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup uncooked whole grain pasta
- Place the cubed eggplant in a colander. Toss with the salt and let set for 20-25 minutes. Thoroughly rinse in cold water and press as much water out of the eggplant as possible. Set aside.
- In a large heavy pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain. Raise the heat to medium high.
- Add the canola oil to the same pot. Return the beef to the pot. Add the zucchini, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook together for 5-7 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add the eggplant to the mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef broth, pasta sauce, water and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pasta. Raise heat to medium. Bring to a slow boil and cook, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
210 calories; 10g fat; 3g saturated fat; 35mg cholesterol; 680mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 8g sugar; 13g protein.