Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Servings:14Serving Size:1/4 cup
- 2 (15 ounces) cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounces) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, cover, and process on low until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish as desired.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, or vegetable dippers; can also be used as a sandwich spread and in wraps.
Source: Jane Proctor, Trimble County Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences; Brook Jenkins, Nutrition Education Program Specialist for Curriculum; University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension; Recipes for Life Curriculum.
90 calories; 5g fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g transfat; 0mg cholesterol; 160mg sodium; 9g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 2g sugars; 0g added sugars; 3g protein; 0% daily value vitamin D; 2% daily value calcium; 6% daily value iron; 2% daily value potassium.