Salmon PattiesReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 pattyRecipe Cost:$2.70Cost per Serving:$0.34
- 1 15½-ounce can salmon, drained
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal or crackers, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place salmon in a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork or clean fingers to flake salmon until very fine. Remove skin and large bones.
- Add cereal or cracker crumbs, eggs, milk and pepper to salmon. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium. Carefully brown both the sides until patty is thoroughly cooked.
Make it a Meal
Pair this patty with asparagus, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, cornbread, and milk.
Source: United States Department of Agriculture, What's Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl, March 2015. www.usda.gov/whatscooking
Replace the salmon with canned tuna fish. Or, combine the salmon and tuna. Other optional additions to patties: ½ teaspoon lemon pepper,½ cup finely minced celery, 1 tablespoon finely minced bell pepper, ½ cup chopped onion, or 4 finely chopped green onions.M
120 calories; 6g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 75mg cholesterol; 260mg sodium; 5g total carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugar; 13g protein; 40% Daily Value vitamin d; 10% Daily Value calcium; 10% Daily Value iron; 6% Daily Value potassium.