Salmon PattiesReceta en Español
- 1 15½-ounce can salmon, drained
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal or crackers, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place salmon in a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork or clean fingers to flake salmon until very fine. Remove skin and large bones.
- Add cereal or cracker crumbs, eggs, milk and pepper to salmon. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium. Carefully brown both the sides until patty is thoroughly cooked.
Make it a Meal
Pair this patty with asparagus, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, cornbread, and milk.
Replace the salmon with canned tuna fish. Or, combine the salmon and tuna. Other optional additions to patties: ½ teaspoon lemon pepper,½ cup finely minced celery, 1 tablespoon finely minced bell pepper, ½ cup chopped onion, or 4 finely chopped green onions.M
120 calories; 6g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 75mg cholesterol; 260mg sodium; 5g total carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugar; 13g protein; 40% Daily Value vitamin d; 10% Daily Value calcium; 10% Daily Value iron; 6% Daily Value potassium.