Seasonal Fruit Crisp
Nothing welcomes fall like apple crisp. You can make the crisp a day ahead and keep it in the fridge uncooked. When you’re ready to bake, simply preheat the oven, and transfer the crisp from the fridge directly into the oven.
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Place apples in a greased 1 quart baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over apples. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Garnish with dried cranberries, if desired.
To stay healthy, balance calories eaten with calories used. To find out how many calories you need for a day, visit www.ChooseMyPlate.gov.
Nutrition facts per serving: 150 calories; 6g total fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 55mg sodium; 23g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 1g protein; 4% Daily Value of vitamin A; 0% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 2% Daily Value of iron