Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe Soup
Love crock pot soup recipes that are packed full of Mexican flavors? Then this easy chicken Sante Fe soup is sure to become a favorite of the whole family.
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can or box vegetable broth, no salt added
- 1 (32 ounce) box low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chili seasoning mix
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and simmer on low 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks.
- Return chicken to soup and it is ready-to-serve.
Vegetable broth can be replaced with chicken broth.
Eat about 5 cups of red, orange and dark-green vegetables each week. Tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli and leafy dark green vegetables, such as kale and spinach, are good choices.
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories; 2.5g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 35mg cholesterol; 740mg sodium; 23g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 6g sugar; 17g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 15% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron