Spinach Pasta BakeReceta en Español
Servings:9Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef and onions until beef is no longer pink.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Add carrots and spices and cook an additional two minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and spinach and mix well.
- Cover and cook an additional 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Pour into greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
200 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 4g sugars, 18g protein.