Strawberry Beet Smoothie
This will you give you a jump start in the morning or a pick up in the afternoon. #winning
- 1 cup orange-pineapple juice*
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup canned or cooked sliced beets
- 1 apple, cored and cut into eight pieces
- 1 frozen banana
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- In a blender, combine juice and yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Add sliced beets, apple and banana and puree until smooth.
- Add strawberries and blend on highest speed until smooth, stirring as necessary.
*You can substitute orange juice in place of orange-pineapple juice.
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories; 0.5g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 55mg sodium; 24g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 19g sugar; 2g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin A; 24% Daily Value of vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron