Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Servings:14Serving Size:1/4 cup
- 2 (15 ounces) cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7 ounces) jar oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, cover, and process on low until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish as desired.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, or vegetable dippers; can also be used as a sandwich spread and in wraps.
Source: Jane Proctor, Trimble County Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences; Brook Jenkins, Nutrition Education Program Specialist for Curriculum; University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension; Recipes for Life Curriculum.
130 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g transfat; 0mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 13g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 4g sugars; 0g added sugars; 3g protein; 0% daily value vitamin D; 2% daily value calcium; 6% daily value iron; 0% daily value potassium.