Tailgater CaviarReceta en Español
- 1, 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans
- 1, 15-ounce can no-salt added black-eyed peas
- 1, 15-ounce can no salt-added white corn
- 1, 15-ounce can no salt-added yellow corn
- 2, 1-ounce cans no salt-added mild diced tomatoes, and green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups light Italian dressing
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Optional ingredients: onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, pepper, and cilantro
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Open the cans of black beans and black-eyed peas. Pour into a colander and rinse with water. Add to bowl.
- Open cans of white corn, yellow corn, and 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Drain using a colander. Add to bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing, and stir to combine.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Optional : Add diced bell pepper, diced onion, chopped cilantro, and/or minced jalapeño pepper. Be sure to wash all produce before cutting.
- Cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour but preferably overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in a covered container within 2 hours. Eat within 3-4 days.
Make it a Meal
90 calories; 3.5g fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 190mg sodium; 13g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugar; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 4% Daily Value of potassium.