Turkey Stuffed PeppersReceta en Español
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium bell peppers, halved, cored and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place peppers in dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook onions until translucent. Add turkey, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. Let cook until turkey has browned.
- Add black beans, salsa and rice to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into each pepper half. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 4-5 minutes.
200 calories; 7g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 35mg cholesterol; 330mg sodium; 18g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugar; 17g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.