Watermelon RefresherReceta en Español
Servings:6 Serving Size:1 watermelon round (4 wedges)Recipe Cost:$5.75Cost per Serving:$0.96
- 1 small to medium-sized watermelon
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups fruit (try an assorted mix of blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut watermelon horizontally into 1 ½ inch thick rounds. Slice rounds into wedges (each round will make 4 wedges).
- Dollop 1 tablespoon of yogurt onto each wedge, leaving the edges uncovered.
- Sprinkle berries on each wedge.
- Drizzle with honey, if using.
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
250 calories; 1g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 5mg sodium; 61g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 57g sugar; 5g added sugar; 5g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.