Zucchini and Corn
Nothing tastes like summer as much as fresh corn on the cob. This corn from the cob gets a tasty lift from fresh zucchini and tomato. Leftovers make a great snack.
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups fresh corn, cut from cob
- 1 large zucchini cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Sauté onion in margarine until tender.
- Stir in corn and zucchini and cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add tomato, parsley and seasonings and cook until heated.
- Choose vegetables rich in color. Brighten your plate with red, orange, or dark green veggies. They are full of vitamins and minerals.
- Wash melons and all fresh fruits before slicing.
Nutrition facts per serving: 120 calories; 5 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0.5 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 250 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 3 g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 25% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of Iron