Zucchini Rosemary Pizza
Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1 slice
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (about 4 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, measure 4 cups of shredded zucchini.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, oregano, egg, salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture onto pan to form a 1/2 inch high crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until mixture is set and slightly browned, being careful not to burn.
- Chop half of a red onion and the tomatoes into small diced pieces. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic and fresh rosemary.
- Spread the mixed toppings evenly over the baked crust.
- Spoon onion and tomatoes over the pizza.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is crisp or becomes slightly brown.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
90 calories; 7g fat; 2g saturated fat; 35mg cholesterol; 300mg sodium; 3g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 1g sugar; 4g protein.